Nothing can derail a Thanksgiving day more than pointed conversations between your family, in-laws, or friends about divisive issues like this week's news, personal politics, or maybe the issues happening in your family.
The following questions are designed to help you connect and have a great time as a family no matter how big or small this Thanksgiving!
Using the questions is easy, just alternate asking each other a question from the list. Pick any questions you like. The goal is to connect and have fun, not complete the list. Plus, you can always save the unused questions for future family conversations.
- If you were a side dish which would you be?
- If you could invite any 3 people (dead or alive) to the Thanksgiving table, who would it be?
- What would you name a pet turkey?
- Who are you thankful for?
- If you had to describe yourself as a parade float, what character would you be?
- What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you this year?
- Who impacted you the most this year?
- Stuffing or filling?
- One word that describes the year you had?
- Pumpkin or apple pie?
- Would you rather have to eat your thanksgiving dinner with your hands or through a straw?
- What's a memory from this past year you never want to forget?
- What's one thing you still want to accomplish this year?
- Who do you think will win the Superbowl this year?
- Is it acceptable to start celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving?
- Where does Thanksgiving rank on your favorite holidays?
- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving memory from years past?
- What’s the next big thing you are excited about?
- What’s something you accomplished this year?
- Through who or what have you seen Jesus work most clearly this year?
For more activities and resources to try this Thanksgiving as a family, check out our Thanksgiving Toolkit with things like:
No matter how you celebrate or who you celebrate with, we hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving this year and can spend your time thanking God for all he’s done in your life. Happy Thanksgiving!
LCBC stands for Lives Changed By Christ. We are one church in multiple locations across Pennsylvania. Find the location closest to you or join us for Church Online. We can’t wait to connect with you!